EXERCISE 6. THE FUTURE CONTINUOUS (THÌ TƯƠNG LAI ĐƠN)
I. Complete the sentences using the future continuous form of the verbs in brackets.
1. What ________________ (you/ do) at this time in five years?
2. He ________________ (study) at the library this afternoon, so he will not see Jennifer when she arrives.
3. Jane ________________ (not wait) for us at the station this time. She’s ill.
4. At the same time tomorrow we ________________ (walk) through the streets of London.
5. __________________ (Dereck/ play) tennis at seven tomorrow?
6. ________________ (we/ visit) the hydropower plant this time next week?
7. The children ________________ (not swim) in the sea tomorrow morning because of the bad weather.
8. In a few years’ time most people ________________ (use) electric car.
II. Choose the correct form, future simple or future continuous.
1. At the same time next year, I will study/ will be studying Chemistry at Oxford University.
2. We will replace/ will be replacing out halogen bulbs with LED bulbs to save energy.
3. In the future, cars won’t use/ won’t be using petrol or diesel, but other fuels like electricity and natural gas.
4. Jane won’t be here this time tomorrow. She will attend/ will be attending the Conference on Green Energy.
5. What will happened/ will be happening when we run out of non – renewable resources?
6. Promise me you won’t call/ won’t be calling before 10; I hate being woken up early!
7. You can’t meet me at the supermarket. I won’t shop/ won’t be shopping in the afternoon.
8. I think scientists will find/ will be finding a solution to global warming soon.
9. You are so late! Everybody will work/ will be working when you arrive at the office.
10. Will solar energy replace/ Will solar energy be replacing fossil fuels within 20 years?
EXERCISE 7. PASSIVE WITH SIMPLE FUTURE (CÂU BỊ ĐỘNG THÌ TƯƠNG LAI ĐƠN)
Change the following sentences into the Passive Voice.
1. The government will bring electricity to remote areas next year.
2. People will develop alternative sources of energy.
3. We will solve the problem of energy shortage by using solar energy.
4. With that device people will change the wave energy into electricity.
5. People will construct more wind turbines in that area to produce electricity.
6. Scientists will find solutions to reduce pollution in our city.
7. Governments will make more regulations to reduce industrial pollution.
8. Will renewable energy completely replace fossil fuels in the future?
EXERCISE 8. REVIEW SIMPLE FUTURE (ÔN TẬP THÌ TƯƠNG LAI ĐƠN)
Complete each blank with the correct form of simple future tense.
1. A: “There's someone at the door.” - B: “I _________________________ (get) it.”
2. Joan thinks the Conservatives ________________ (win) the next election.
3. A: “I’m going to move my house tomorrow.” - B: “I _________________________ (come) and help you.”
4. If she passes the exam, she _________________________ (be) very happy.
5. I _________________________ (be) there at four o'clock, I promise.
6. A: “I’m cold.” - B: “I _______________________ (turn) on the fire.”
7. A: “She's late.” - B: “Don't worry she _________________________ (come).”
8. The meeting _________________________ (take) place at 6 p.m.
9. If you eat all of that cake, you _________________________ (feel) sick.