ĐỀ SỐ 27
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE: (8 points)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined
part from the other three in pronunciation in the following question
1. A. insects B. fields
2. A. village B. luggage
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the
other three in the position of primary stress in the following question.
3. A. effective
4. A. ordinary
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of
the following questions
5. The guidelines in this book can help you become a _________ speaker.
C. confidence D. self-confidence
6. If people drove more carefully, there _________ so many accidents on the road.
A. would not be
B. will not be
C. wouldn’t have been
7. ________ he got top marks at high school, he never went to university.
8. When Jack _________ me, I _____________ a letter.
A. phoned- has been writing
B. has phoned- was writing
C. phoned- was writing
D. was phoning- wrote
9. This carpet really needs_______. Can you do it for me, son?
A. being cleaned
10. “That’s a beautiful dress you are wearing!” - “___________________”
A. Can I have it?
B. It’s in the wash
C. I’m glad you like it
D. Oh, no, not really
11. “Would you like some chocolate?” - “__________________”
A. I love it
B. Yes, please!
C. Here you go
D. Here you are
12. -" " - "Yes, of course. "
A. You won't help me this time.
B. You'd better give me one hand.
C. I don't think I'll need your help.
D. Could you give me a hand?
13. UNICEF_________ supports and funds for the most disadvantaged children all over the
Read the text carefully, then choose the most suitable answers (A, B, C or D).
Every day on radio, on TV, and in the newspaper, we hear, see or read about many problems
in the world, for example, pollution problems.
Air pollution is the first kind. It mostly comes from fumes released from motorbikes, cars,
airplanes, trains and poisonous gases emitted from factories. Also, waste is dumped anywhere,
even in the city where many people are living. The second pollution problem is sea pollution.
Many people earn their living from fishing in the sea, and the fish they catch feed many people.
But the sea has become so polluted from oil spills and factory wastes that the fish are dying. This
is not only killing the fish, but is also affecting those people who eat fish.
Seldom do you find a place nowadays that is not polluted. This problem is growing more
difficult every day. We must find a good solution that makes the world a better place to live.